Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Drawing Inspiration

Where do you find inspiration for your quilts? I know a lot of people find it in nature or architecture. 
Scrappy half squares
 While I have found inspiration in these places. My favorite place to find quilting inspiration is from the past.

Jacob's Ladder
Antique quilts speak to me. I love to draw on their tried and true patterns.
Majestic Mountains
 To see how those from the past have used patterns, fabrics, and color to make their own design.
Nine patch with stars
Then draw from their example, change up placement, color and value to make my own interpretation.
Railroad Crossing
Honoring those who came before while moving the art of quilting forward.

8 comments:

  1. I like looking through quilt books, blogs and pinterest and sometime mix 3 ideas into one quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you that most of mu inspiration comes from those wonderful treasures of yesteryear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your use the past inspiration well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree wholeheartedly. My best inspiration is from those older, lovely, lovely quilts! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite inspiration quilts have always been those treasures from the past, but also some of the more current interpretations of those same patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My biggest inspiration is from older quilts and of course, Pinterest has so much to offer too. I have a whole board of just bucket list quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely 'old' quilts - from inspiration to reality!

    ReplyDelete